- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
D-D REEF-PRO 1200
As hobbyists, with each new aquarium that we own we learn how to identify and improve small details in the design and incorporate these ideas into our next “perfect system”.
With the D-D Reef-Pro Aquarium we have taken decades of continuous improvements and incorporated them into our own version of the “perfect system”, affordable and suitable for both beginners or advanced aquarists.
The flexible design provides an easy to use robust system that can be tailored to suit even the most demanding aquarist and includes all of the essential features required for keeping a successful aquarium.
By making the tank wider than it is tall we create a more balanced aspect ratio which greatly enhances the viewing experience, allowing easier and more natural aquascaping and coral placement.
Available in Black,White and Anthracite gloss finishes.
INOVATIVE DESIGN BY D-D
- Crystal clear, braceless aquarium provides with full polished edges gives an unimpeded view of your own personal reef.
- Balanced width to height ratio to enhance viewing, aquascaping and ease of coral placement.
- Unique “Invisible weir box” design which disappears into the back of the aquarium.
- Multi-stage weir design provides a high turnover rate in the tank whilst minimising drain down levels in a power loss situation.
- Special “Ultra-Flow” weir comb allows 30-50% more water through, so that larger pumps can be used.
- Twin overflow pipes offer safe, silent operation.
- “Dry Box “ built into weir section to hide and pass through any pump and lighting cables.
- Perfectly matched for use with the D-D Slimline lighting bracket and AquaIllumination lighting.
- Sleek, extra tall cabinet that offers the perfect viewing height for the aquarium whilst providing extra internal space for installation of any equipment.
- Cabinet supplied pre-assembled as standard with lacquer coated, fully adjustable, soft close hinges.
- Modern, heavy duty cabinet construction with high quality finish to compliment the home environment and adjustable feet to allow correct levelling of the aquarium on uneven floors.
- Good ventilation is incorporated into the chiller and sump areas and removable quick release, folding or bi-folding doors offer improved access for maintenance.
- Separate chiller section with storage shelf is included on larger models.
- Our “Dual flow “ multi chamber sump is compatible with most current reefkeeping methodologies. if you want to skim before or after the refugeum then this sump design is flexible enough to accommodate both approaches.
- Twin filter socks for super fine prefiltration of the water from the tank with filter sock silencing to remove any annoying trickle.
- Large skimmer / equipment section.
- Refugium section for caulerpa bed or for growing coral frags.
- Pump chamber.
- Large 17.5lt top-up reservoir.
Built in low iron high clarity glass, the aquarium features a braceless design producing a clean and modern display with easy access for maintainance tasks.
A standard weir box can become an unattractive focal point in any aquarium, dictating aquascaping to try and hide it and interupting flow patterns inside the tank. With this in mind the "invisible weir box" of the PRO-Reef models has been carefully designed to minimise intrusion into the aquarium whilst exceeding the functionality found in most aquariums.
The PRO-Reef cabinet is designed to be tall to perfectly balance the aquarium and can be supplied flat-pack or pre-assembled, designed and built by D-D in the U.K to ensure a consistent high quality and an extremely strong cabinet.
The top, bottom and main structural uprights of the cabinet are made of 36mm waterproof board providing rigidity, excellent load bearing properties, giving the impression of a piece of furniture rather than just another tank cabinet.
There are two sections incorporated within the cabinet, the sump section and a second section for storage or designed to house a D-D DC750 chiller. The second section also has an adjustable shelf for general storage.
The tall cabinet provides good headroom for the use of taller equipment and ease of maintainance, we have also included a double fold back door and soft close hinges for even better access.
When installing an aquarium it is of the upmost importance to provide a level base, unlevelled cabinets can stress the glass and can result in an uneven water level in the aquarium. The D-D aquarium cabinet design includes heavy duty adjustable feet allowing for accurate leveling of the cabinet and aquarium.
There are as many ideas about sump design as there are hobbyists.
Within D-D we have many decades of experience in designing, building and running large successful aquariums and have combined this knowledge to produce what we believe is the perfect sump layout for the space available.
The ultra quiet twin pipe weir system is further refined at the sump level by including a section whereby the pipes are completely submerged resulting in a silent water return into the sump with no splashing or gurgling.
The water from that section overflows through twin filter socks which incorporate a diffused silencer plate to silence any water noise.
From there the filtered water flows Into two large equipment compartments. These chambers can both hold equipment such as skimmers, media reactors, calcium reactors etc or you can use one chamber as a refugium with caulerpa/cheato. Here again there is flexibility to alternate these sections for those who prefer to skim before or skim after the refugeum.
The final section is a generous sized return pump compartment which sits beside the integrated water top off reservoir located to the side of the sump
D-D offer a menu of equipment to complete your system which perfectly balance and compliment the aquarium or you have the flexibility to add your own equipment or equipment from other companies.
RETURN PUMP – H2Ocean Flow 5000 or Deltec E-flow 10
TOP UP UNIT – D-D RUW 12VLS
SKIMMER – Deltec SC1351 or SC1456
CALCIUM REACTOR – Deltec PF509
FLUIDISED REACTOR – D-D FMR-75 or Deltec FR509
LIGHTING – 2 x Hydra26 HD or 2 x Hydra52 HD with tank mount brackets.
OVERALL DIMENSIONS L x W x H (cm) 120 x 61 x 148
CABINET – 120 x 61 x 102 (cm)
AQUARIUM – 120 x 61 x 46 (cm)
SUMP – 72L x 51W x 38T (cm)
SYSTEM VOLUME – 365 Litres
AQUARIUM VOLUME – 300 Litres
SUMP VOLUME – 65 Litres
TOP UP VOLUME – 17.5 Litres
Twin 32mm Standpipes
1 x 20 mm rigid pump pipework