- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
GHL Vortech Controller
With our VorTech-Controller ProfiLux 3 computers are able to operate up to 11 radio controlled VorTech® propeller pumps from EcoTech Marine® independently from each other. The VorTech-Controller will be connected over PAB (ProfiLux Aquatic Bus, ProfiLux 3 only) and doesn’t need any additional power supply.
Supports all VorTech operational modes
* Constant speed
* Lagoon Random Mode
* Reef-Crest Random Mode
* Short Pulse Mode
* Long Pulse Mode
* Feed Modus
* Battery Backup-Modus
For EcoSMART-pumps these modes are supported additionally
* Tidal Swell Mode (EcoSMART TSM)
* Nutrient Transport Mode (EcoSMART NTM)
* 11 independent channels for 11 VorTech pumps.
* Besides the VorTech modes you can also use all built-in wave functions of the ProfiLux.
* Firmware of pumps and VorTech-Controller can be updated for future enhancements.
* The VorTech-Controller will be recognized automatically and can be configured easily.
* Pump assignments can be changed.
* The operational mode can be varied through the day.
* 2 PAB-ports are present for a flexible bus wiring.
* 4 LEDs for indication of PAB-state and pump-state.
* No extra power supply needed (Bus-powered).
Please Note: This accessory requires a PAB cable to operate which is not included, they are available in 0.5, 1, 2, 3, 5 metre lengths from HERE.
Will my Vortech work with this controller?
Unfortunately these pumps are not wireless so cannot communicate with the controller. These can however be upgraded to work with the controller.
These pumps must be running firmware version 1.5 or later. To check the firmware version:
Unplug the Vortech pump controller, then hold the Option/Power button whilst restoring power. The lights will flash a sequence, first count the green flashes this is the major revision, then count the blue flashes and this is the minor revision. So of it flashes once green and then blue five times you will have version 1.5
These pumps require firmware version 3.1 or later. To check the firmware version:
When you first power up these pumps the lights will flash a sequence, first count the green flashes this is the major revision, then count the blue flashes and this is the minor revision. So of it flashes once green and then blue five times you will have version 1.5
There will shortly be released a software update for the Profilux Controller to allow you to update the firmware of the Vortech pumps directly from the Profilux, this is currently unavailable, so Vortech pumps must be updated directly from another Vortech running the desired version. MP40wES and MP10wES can update each other, please see the Vortech manual for update instructions.