- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
With Nyos® GOLDPODS you get a liquid zoological plankton concentrate from the pure waters of the Arctic seas, which can be used directly. GOLDPODS contain the calanoid copepods Calanus finmachicus (2 mm in size). This provides ideal nutrition for numerous sensitive seawater fish and LPS corals.
High quality raw materials form the basis:
The secret of Nyos Goldpods is in the top quality raw material. The fresh-caught copepods are processed by a special method developed at a Norwegian University. This patent-pending method deactivates autolytic enzymes that would further disintegrate valuable substances such as fatty acids and proteins. Furthermore, the copepods are coated with an ultra-thin membrane made of natural marine components. This prevents successfully the release of important nutrients.
- Extremely practical and time-saving in its application: It can be added directly to the tank with the enclosed dosing cup or pipette. Thawing is unnecessary.
Used in research, aquaculture, and ornamental fish breeding:
The raw material used in Goldpods has already been applied for quite some time in aquaculture, research, and ornamental fish breeding:
1. At the Italian Ancona University, Dr. Ike Olivotto discovered that utilizing calanus, which is used here, has a highly positive effect on increase in size and length of clownfish breeding.
2. Commercial aquaculture operations such as Norsk Hummer AS were able to achieve a significant increase in survival rate of lobster larvae.
3. A well-known Norwegian aquarium pisciculturist reports that e.g. he was able to achieve initial spawning of orchid dottyback (pseudochromis fridmani) at the unusually early age of 6 to 7 months. Norwegian ornamental fish importer noticed an increase in survival rate of wild catches.
Field of application in aquatics
Due to the specified characteristics, GOLDPODS are best suitable for
- Numerous delicate carnivorous and omnivorous fish species (e.g. anthias)
- and LPS corals and azoox corals. In general, these show strong polyp expansions directly after feeding.
Recommendations for use:
GOLDPODS can be fed directly, for example by means of a pipette or dosage cup. Alternatively, GOLDPODS can first be diluted with aquarium water in a separate container and then added.
Feed fish sparingly many time a day. Feed LPS corals with a pipette after turning off the current 1-2 times per week, directly and in small amounts.
Individual feed (Calanus finmarchicus) for ornamental seawater fish and corals. Ingredients: Moisture 80%, crude protein 11.4%, crude fat 5.4%, crude fibre 2%, crude ash 1.2%. Additives: Anti-oxidants, colouring, preservatives.
Store in a cool and dark place before and after opening.