- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
The ideal substrate for marine, reef or African Cichlids. Ideal for deep beds, plenum systems, reef or fish tank bottom cover.
- Removes nitrate, nitrite, ammonia and other wastes.
- Unsurpassed buffering capability: keep more fish and invertebrates healthier, longer.
- Maximum surface area — up to 10,000 square inches of surface area per cubic inch.
- High uniformity coefficient prevents biofouling.
- Supports the proper pH of seawater (8.2) with the fastest reaction time.
- Precision grading and enhanced internal surface area allows CaribSea Aragonite to deliver more calcium, carbonate buffer and essential trace elements than any other substrate.
- Creates a natural biological balance to discourage nuisance algae growth.
- Available in the ideal grain sizes (approximately 1-2 mm) for reef tanks, fish aquarium, plenum systems and refugiums.
- Pure aragonite — no tar, harmful organics or impurities.
- Never needs replacement — works with the natural bacteria to enhance performace over the full life of the system.
- Ready to use, minimal rinsing required.
Elements provided by Aragonite: calcium (Ca) 381,000 ppm; carbonate buffer (CO3) 590,000 ppm; strontium (Sr) 7,390 ppm; magnesium (Mg) 1,050 ppm; molybdenum (Mo) 56 ppm; potassium (K) 56 ppm; as well as barium (Ba), lithium (Li), zinc (Zn), manganese (Mn), beryllium (Be), iron (Fe), cobalt (Co), sulfur (S), aluminum (Al), selenium (Se), bromine (Br) and boron (B). Sample: