- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
A GREAT AQUARIUM JUST GOT EASIER.
Tell someone you own a saltwater aquarium you will usually hear this:
“Aren’t those things hard to take care of ?” or “I had one once and everything died when…”
Sadly, the real pleasures of an aquarium are often overridden by the struggle of upkeep. Worse yet, aquatic animals are unnecessarily sacrificed everyday. A proper monitoring and control system for your aquarium solves both these problems.
Your animals deserve better — you deserve better.
Enter The APEX!!
- Prevents catastrophes by monitoring key parameters in your aquarium, takes corrective actions for you, and alerts you via your smart phone when things go off track.
- Monitors your equipment – ensuring it is operating correctly at all times – and lets you know when it’s not.
- Tracks your manual test results, maintenance, livestock purchases, and tank observations and helps you can correlate issues in your aquarium to the things that are happening inside.
- Manages the full operation of equipment (lights, pumps, filters, ATO, etc.) on your tank with simple setup wizards and an easy to use app.
- Takes the place of many costly and cumbersome discrete components such as light timers, heater controllers, pump controllers, etc.
- Gives you the peace of mind to know how your aquarium is doing, instantly, from anywhere in the world.
For years we have advocated a wired network connection for your Apex due to its superior reliability – and we still do. However, for many people a wired connection is just not possible
So, for this Apex we spent countless man-hours developing an incredible 802.11g/n Wi-Fi connection with reliability that rivals a wired connection. And, the connection process to your home network is amazingly simple – getting you set up and on the Apex Fusion cloud service in just a couple of minutes!
UK Version is currently available with EB6 (image below) only!! and not EB8 listed in main image.
NEW EASY SETUP
New set up wizards and to-do reminders help guide you through configuring everything from temperature control, trouble alerts to your mobile device, and many other common aquarium tasks. With this new Apex, an aquarium controller no longer requires an advanced degree — you are up and running in 5 EASY STEPS:
- Mount it to the wall or inside your cabinet
- Plug in the probes and your equipment
- Connect it to your home network via wi-fi or cable
- Run the new Configuration Wizards
- Get the basics of monitoring and control for your entire tank set up, in less than 15 minutes, with no programming!
Single junction probes put the reference electrode in direct contact with aquarium water. Over time, the junction will slowly leak aquarium water into the electrolyte which changes the accuracy of the probe and requires more frequent calibrations.
Double junction probes place a second vessel inside the main electrolyte with a second internal junction. The means that even when the aquarium water eventually begins to make its way in the first compartment, it still has to go through the second junction to contaminate the electrolyte surrounding the reference electrode.